Tucked away next to the beautiful Golf & Racquet Club on Fiji’s upscale suburb of Denarau Island is the country’s only mini golf course. It’s a fun family-friendly activity in Nadi, and a good way to spend a couple of hours while waiting for a flight, or unwind after a busy island-hopping trip.
The Best Time to Play Mini Golf in Fiji
Visiting in mid-afternoon in the middle of summer might not have been the ideal choice, though we still had a good time. Denarau's Mini Golf course is in a lovely setting with some shaded benches, but like any outdoor activity in Fiji, there's no escape from the humid heat. If you're visiting on a hot summer day, I recommend going in the morning.
Fiji enjoys a warm tropical climate year-round. Summer months stretch from November - April, and these are the rainiest and hottest months of the year. You're more likely to have the course to yourself during this time, though the more popular winter months are the most pleasant, with more sunshine and slightly cooler temperatures.
How to Get to Denarau Mini Golf
Denarau Mini Golf is an 18-hole course, and while it may not be as fancy as many of the mini golf courses you'll find in other parts of the world, it has enough challenges to make it an entertaining way to spend a couple of hours enjoying Fiji's tropical outdoors. The course may be uneven in places, and you'll probably need to sweep off a few leaves before you take a swing, but this is Fiji and that's part of the experience!
The course was quiet when we arrived, and even though Denarau's Mini Golf course is on the main road, we weren't bothered by the noise of traffic. It was a fun and relaxing activity, and we enjoyed the lovely green setting.
The reception desk sells cold drinks, including some bottled alcoholic beverages. Scorecards are provided and anyone who gets a hole-in-one is encouraged to write their name on the board at the front.
Other Things to Do Near Denarau
There are tons of great activities in and around Denarau Island, which can be enjoyed before or after a visit to Denarau's Mini Golf Course:
• Denarau Marina is worth a visit, whether you're taking a boat to one of the islands or just want to spend an afternoon shopping and eating. Personal dining favourites are Lulu Bar and Cardo's Steakhouse, and unique Fijian-made souvenirs can be found at places like Pineapple Boutique and Jacks of Fiji.
• A great way to experience Fijian cuisine is to learn to make it yourself! The Flavours of Fiji cooking school is located on Denarau Island, and offers tours of Nadi Market as well as a 3-hour cooking class that will teach you to make 6 different Fijian and Indo-Fijian dishes.
• The Garden of the Sleeping Giant is located near Nadi International Airport. Previously owned by a Hollywood actor, it now operates as a beautiful public garden with colourful orchids, winding pathways and an amazing lookout.
• Just a 40-minute drive south of Denarau is the Momi Battery Historical Park. Located on a hilltop, this historic site was a military station during World War II. Visitors can learn about Fiji's role in the Pacific War and see the restored 7-metre guns that still sit on top of the hill.
• If you're looking for some excitement, Skydive Fiji can take you up to 14,000 feet above Denarau Island for amazing views of the surrounding area. They offer free transfers between local hotels and their base in Denarau.
Denarau Mini Golf Hours & Rates *
The Denarau Mini Golf course is open from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, 7 days a week.
Families (2 adults, 2 children): $65
*current as of May 2019
Save this post to Pinterest!
I love using Pinterest to save travel-related content. If you like this post, feel free to share this post to your own boards using this Pinterest-optimized image.
You can follow also me using the button below and even sign up to join my Pinterest group board.