THE LEGAL STUFF
Updated: November 2019
TERMS & CONDITIONS
All content on this website is copyright ExpatAlli.com unless otherwise stated. You may not duplicate, republish or sell any content from this webste without prior written consent. Although we strive to ensure that the information on this website is correct and up to date, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material is kept updated.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
• Voluntarily submitted data
While using this website, we may ask you to provide certain information such as your name and email address in order to contact and identify you. This information is voluntarily submitted by you when you comment on a post, subscribe to our monthly newsletter or send a message using a contact form. Visitors who do not wish to provide their information through these channels have the option of sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any information they wish to provide instead.
• Automatically collected data
We may automatically collect information such as your computer's IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
• Tracking & Cookies Data
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our site.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
USE OF DATA
ExpatAlli.com uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the website.
- To notify visitors about changes to our website.
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can make our site better.
- To monitor the use of the website.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we take all reasonable measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
ExpatAlli.com may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect and defend the rights or property of ExpatAlli.com.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with this website.
- To protect the personal safety of users of this site or the public.
- To protect against legal liability.
We use third party services to improve the quality of visitor experience on this site. These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform certain tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use your personal data for any other purpose.
- Google Analytics - This service uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. You can opt-out of your activity on this site being made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- Google AdSense - We use Google's third-party advertisements to support our website. In order to show ads that are relevant to you, Google places a cookie on your device whenever you visit a website that uses AdSense. You can opt out of targeted ads at anytime by visiting ad settings.
- Mailchimp - This service collects data which has been submitted voluntarily by users who wish to subscribe to our monthly newsletter. This data is not shared or used in any other way and users can opt out of these email updates through a link in the email, or by contacting us directly.
- Gravitar - When visitors leave comments, we collect the data shown in the comments form and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string. An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
Every visitor to this website has the right to:
- Withdraw their consent at any time where they have previously given it to the processing of their personal data.
- Learn if data is being processed, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data under certain circumstances. In this case, we will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed, under certain circumstances.
- Lodge a complaint to their competent data protection authority if they feel it is necessary.
ExpatAlli.com is a participant in the following Affiliate programs:
- Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
- Booking.com Affiliate Program, which helps us earn a commission for every hotel booked using our links to the Booking.com website.
- World Nomads Partner Network, which allows us to earn referral fees for travel insurance booked through links to the World Nomads website.
- GetYourGuide Partner Program, which lets us earn a fee from bookings made through our links to the GetYourGuide website.
We get a small commission when you purchase something through our links to these sites at no extra cost to you. Though we take no responsibility for the products and services purchased through these links, we strive to recommend products and services we use and/or genuinely believe to be of value to you.
Occasionally we will receive discounted or complimentary products or services in exchange for sponsored content promoting travel-related companies and/or experiences. These posts will have a clear statement at the beginning to inform the reader of this arrangement. We are committed to providing an honest account of every experience, whether sponsored or not.